Monday, March 8, 2010

Bangs

Well, i think i had a mental breakdown this last week. I have vowed ever since i had my fist child, i wouldn't ever cut bangs! I had just seen to many butchered bangs that mom's had cut into their daughters hair. Well, I have officially become one of those mom's. The worst part about it, is that i have been doing hair for 6 years and i still managed to butcher Zharaa's bangs. Her hair is insane! Stick straight, and just hangs in her face. She has gotten use to looking around with her neck cranked upward, trying to look through small openings of the hair that was straight over her eyes! I was so sick of not being able to see her cute eyes. So without thinking through my decision i sat her on the highchair, wrapped my apron around her neck and swipped it off. I now know why babies bangs, more likely than not, end up crooked and to short. Babies don't hold still, they want to see what you are doing and then they start trying to get your scissors. Well i can see her beautiful eyes now, and then i can see the wack job bangs just above them.
Mekhii thought they were "beautiful". I can always count on her to make myself feel better. She looked at me with the cutest face and asked if i would cut her some bangs like Zharaa. Oh man, i couldn't resist. So i cut her bangs as well. So, of course Aaliyah is watching and says she wants bangs too. The conclusion to this story is, that a split second decision to be able to see my child's face turned into a bang cutting session, one that i swore i would never do.:) But you know what, they all look super cute, so NOW i can say i don't regret doing it. I love my girls, bangs and all.
These are pictures of Zharaa's lovely hair before her haircut! After pics of all the girls are coming soon!

3 comments:

  1. The bangs are way cute! I am excited to see your blog. I sent you an invite to my blog. I have the same background as you. My good friend from the military is one of the designers from the scrappin' blogs website that it is from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love love your blog!! Woot woot! What a go chica!!

    ReplyDelete